Thursday, September 25, 2008

Sophia is not always so sweet...


Sophia has always been the sweet, sensitive one who is victimized constantly by Madeline (and Livvy, too). Well, apparently the tables are starting to turn. Grandma informed me that she thought I switched their earings (Maddie wears a color, right now green, and Sophia wears solid silver) because she claims they seemed to have switched personalities. Aren't they too young to be pulling a switcheroo on us??? Grandma alleges that Sophia has been hitting and biting Madeline, but I don't know if I believe it. She must be mistaken...Poor, innocent Sophia, who always is covered in bitemarks and bruises from her bully sister could not have become this aggressive, could she? Is it possible she has been pushed to her breaking point, and decided it is time to fight back??? At first, I did not believe it, but today I saw it with my own eyes. Sophie hit Maddie, completely unprovoked on more than one occassion today, and apparently, while I was in the shower, she bit poor Maddie right in the middle of her back! (I may not have believed it except for it was smack dab in the middle of Maddie's back. Impossible to be self inflicted.) Maybe I have been protecting Sophie too much, and poor Maddie has gotten a bad rap? Maybe all along Sophia has been provoking her sister to bite her and pull her hair? Is it possible???? Are 18 month old twins capable of switching personalities so quickly??? All I can say is we've got our work cut out for us!

No comments: