
Olivia has just been a little pistol the past couple days...I guess we will chalk it up to the fact that it is still birthday week....Since mommy has not been able to lift her, she's taken full advantage of every opportunity to get away with more than usual. Thankfully, mommy gets to go back to work on Monday!!
She had school today, and, although she didn't actually have a meltdown during class, she did however, throw a fit on her way out the door. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a fit, I suppose. Daddy said she just started screaming (I mean the really high pitched, loud screams) as soon as he came to pick her up. Apparently because she wanted a cookie (another cookie, I might add...). She screamed in her classroom and all the way down the hallway. Then, on the way out the door, Annie tried to distract her by having her hold Mitchel's hand while they were walking out. Well, Olivia decided to start licking his hand...That did not go over well with Mitchel (or Daddy, who was already at his wits end with our little princess...). When she got home, she proceeded to be a little tazmanian devil, wreaking havoc wherever she could.
Since I've not been able to lift her to put her in her crib, she has been sleeping in her princess bed (foldout cot). That has been quite an experience. The thought of her being able to get in and out of bed anytime she wants terrifies me! I know it is a miracle that the thought has never occurred to her to climb out of her crib yet, and her remaining nights in her crib are numbered, but I dread the day that we pack away her crib forever...A couple nights ago, she was still awake at 11 pm! As a matter of fact, she's been in her princess bed for over an hour now, and I'm almost certain I just heard the pitter patter of little feet coming from her bedroom. I guess I'm going to have to go threaten her AGAIN. I'm kind of running out of threats, and I don't know what else will possibly motivate her to start listening.
Apparently in school, she is a good listener, which I suppose is a good thing, but does she have to save up all her naughtiness for home???
All I can say is she is lucky she is so darn cute and boy, does she know the right things to say. "I'm so sorry I was a bad girl today, mama." she'll say as I put her to bed. "I don't want to be a bad girl." she says with a little tear in her eye. "Oh, you're not a bad girl, honey," I tell her as I give my little devil a hug and kiss...Alas, another day in the life of a tired mom.....
She had school today, and, although she didn't actually have a meltdown during class, she did however, throw a fit on her way out the door. Well, I wouldn't exactly call it a fit, I suppose. Daddy said she just started screaming (I mean the really high pitched, loud screams) as soon as he came to pick her up. Apparently because she wanted a cookie (another cookie, I might add...). She screamed in her classroom and all the way down the hallway. Then, on the way out the door, Annie tried to distract her by having her hold Mitchel's hand while they were walking out. Well, Olivia decided to start licking his hand...That did not go over well with Mitchel (or Daddy, who was already at his wits end with our little princess...). When she got home, she proceeded to be a little tazmanian devil, wreaking havoc wherever she could.
Since I've not been able to lift her to put her in her crib, she has been sleeping in her princess bed (foldout cot). That has been quite an experience. The thought of her being able to get in and out of bed anytime she wants terrifies me! I know it is a miracle that the thought has never occurred to her to climb out of her crib yet, and her remaining nights in her crib are numbered, but I dread the day that we pack away her crib forever...A couple nights ago, she was still awake at 11 pm! As a matter of fact, she's been in her princess bed for over an hour now, and I'm almost certain I just heard the pitter patter of little feet coming from her bedroom. I guess I'm going to have to go threaten her AGAIN. I'm kind of running out of threats, and I don't know what else will possibly motivate her to start listening.
Apparently in school, she is a good listener, which I suppose is a good thing, but does she have to save up all her naughtiness for home???
All I can say is she is lucky she is so darn cute and boy, does she know the right things to say. "I'm so sorry I was a bad girl today, mama." she'll say as I put her to bed. "I don't want to be a bad girl." she says with a little tear in her eye. "Oh, you're not a bad girl, honey," I tell her as I give my little devil a hug and kiss...Alas, another day in the life of a tired mom.....
No comments:
Post a Comment