


Although this post is a little outdated, our big girl has officially started pre-school. She started on September 4th, and so far, so good. Surprisingly, her teacher, Mrs. Williams, says that Olivia listens very well (she must have Olivia confused with another child...). She loves going to school, and seems to be doing very well. She only goes twice a week for 3 hours per day, which is just the right amount of time for her I think. I'm not sure if she actually plays with the other kids, though because she doesn't really talk about anyone except Mitchel so far, but it's still early in the year, so we'll see....
She is actually too young for pre-school. The cut off is you must be 3 before September 1st, but since Olivia's birthday is so close to the cut off, and since she is so smart, I convinced them to let her in on a trial basis, and so far-so good! My biggest concern was the potty, but she has been doing great, and only has an accident at night every once in a while. She usually wakes up "Dry as a bone!" she tells me everymorning when I go in to get her out of bed. And she likes the "adorable little potty" at school (I know, only my child would describe a toilet as adorable!).
She is actually too young for pre-school. The cut off is you must be 3 before September 1st, but since Olivia's birthday is so close to the cut off, and since she is so smart, I convinced them to let her in on a trial basis, and so far-so good! My biggest concern was the potty, but she has been doing great, and only has an accident at night every once in a while. She usually wakes up "Dry as a bone!" she tells me everymorning when I go in to get her out of bed. And she likes the "adorable little potty" at school (I know, only my child would describe a toilet as adorable!).
No comments:
Post a Comment