Sunday, August 31, 2008

Livvy and Lucky



Olivia has a new pet at grandma's house - a cat named Lucky. "Do you know why we call him Lucky, mama" she asks. Before I can even come up with an answer, she blurts out, "Because we're so lucky we found him!" Lucky also has a sister named Carrie, because she likes to carry things....How sweet is that?? Reminiscent of my own childhood, Olivia drags Lucky around and pushes him in a baby buggy. Apparently Lucky is pretty tolerant of his new "mama". The best part about Lucky is that he doesn't actually live with us (or grandma either for that matter...), so there's all the benefits of a pet, with none of the hassle. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately I suppose) we can't have a cat because daddy is allergic. Grandma's not really a fan of animals, so she's not real anxious to take Lucky on a permanent basis, either. He sort of belongs to someone else, although I don't think they actually take care of him.

Anyways, Olivia loves playing with Lucky every chance she gets. Apparently her sisters aren't as smitten with Lucky as Olivia is. Grandma says they just scream everytime he comes near them. I suppose only time will tell if Lucky will have a permanent home anytime soon....

No comments: