It has finally happened! After many months of trying to convince Olivia to use the potty, she has finally decided she doesn't want to wear diapers anymore, and she is now a big girl! The first three days she had no accidents, so I promised her that on Saturday we would have a potty party as long as she kept using the potty. So Saturday came, and grandma, Amy, Gavin, and grandpa came over for the party. Well, during the party, she had two "accidents" and then later on that night she had another "accident" on her sisters new carpet! Okay, maybe the potty party wasn't such a great idea! She said she was sorry, and of course promises to never pee on her sisters carpet again...(this is the second time in the last couple weeks that she has peed in her sisters room!). Oh well, tomorrow is a new day.....
Although Liv woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, and was a bit crabby, she did wake up dry, and has gone potty on the toilet all day long, so I am so proud of her again. Maybe the potty party was just too much pressure for her. She reminds me all the time that she is so proud of herself, too. Hopefully, the big girl trend will continue and the "accidents" will be few and far between. If not, I'm going to have to stock up on big girl underwear or else I will be doing laundry every single day!
No comments:
Post a Comment