
Even though this story is a couple weeks old now, it's just too good not to share....A couple weeks ago, I left John with the kids for an hour while I went to my friend's wedding. I knew there was trouble when I walked in the door. "Promise me you'll still love me??" my very distraught husband begged....Okay, this can't be good...After I assured him that of course, I still love him, Olivia blurts out, "daddy broke the wall, mama!" I cautiously approached the family room (remember, we just completely remodeled -including lots of patchwork and new drywall in many rooms, including the family room!). Oh my goodness!!! There is a HUGE hole in the wall. Livvy wasn't kidding when she said daddy broke the wall...Here's the story according to Livvy....
"Well, daddy was on the phone with grandma because she was coming over to pick me up, and I put the big brown blanket on my sister's head, and then I was gonna crush her so Poz said I gotta go, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, and then tripped over my pony and crashed through the wall.....That's how the wall got broken, mama..."
Here's daddy's version: He was indeed on the phone with grandma when Olivia put a blanket on her sister's head and was about to jump on her, so in an attempt to jump over the gate quickly, he caught his foot on the gate, and fell against the wall, putting a VERY large hole in it.
I was just glad that everyone was okay. I'm not thrilled with the huge hole in the wall, but I was just so thankful that no one got hurt....Oh well, just another thing to add to our list of things to do....
"Well, daddy was on the phone with grandma because she was coming over to pick me up, and I put the big brown blanket on my sister's head, and then I was gonna crush her so Poz said I gotta go, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, and then tripped over my pony and crashed through the wall.....That's how the wall got broken, mama..."
Here's daddy's version: He was indeed on the phone with grandma when Olivia put a blanket on her sister's head and was about to jump on her, so in an attempt to jump over the gate quickly, he caught his foot on the gate, and fell against the wall, putting a VERY large hole in it.
I was just glad that everyone was okay. I'm not thrilled with the huge hole in the wall, but I was just so thankful that no one got hurt....Oh well, just another thing to add to our list of things to do....
No comments:
Post a Comment