Monday, August 4, 2008

Mama & Livvy's Special Day

Yesterday Olivia and I had a special day for just the two of us. Daddy & the twins went to Sam's with grandpa, and Livvy and I began our special day. First we walked to the playground and played for awhile. It was very hot, so Livvy decided she wanted to swim at the splash pool, so we went swimming,too. Livvy swam "like a turtleneck" (I'm still not quite sure how a turtleneck swims, but....) and floated quite a bit. She even made a friend, a little girl named Aubrey. I forgot to take a swim diaper, so I made her promise that she would not go to the bathroom in the water, and I suppose she kept her promise. She told me she had to go potty and got out of the pool. She walked over by the bathroom and then peed right on the cement. "It's okay, mama - it's just a little pee..See I didn't pee pee in the pool!" She had a good point - she didn't pee in the pool....
After Livvy's dip in the pool, she wanted to swing, "super fast" so we swang for a little while. Then we walked to the baseball fields and got a slushie. She even wanted to stay and watch the baseball games! It was way too hot for me, but we were having so much fun, how could I say no? Finally, our special day had to end - back home to see the sisters and daddy. On the way home, we even saw a little puppy wearing a shirt. Livvy was so excited because she and the dog matched (they were both wearing striped shirts...)
The best part of the day was while we were at the pool, Olivia ran over to me and gave me a big hug and said "I love you mama - Thank you for bringing me to the park!" It was so sweet - the perfect ending to a perfect day!

No comments: