Yesterday we went over to Grandma's house for birthday dinner of steak and cheesy potatoes (yum!). Olivia does not quite understand the while birthday thing... I tried to explain to her that it was mama and daddy's birthday, and grandpa's birthday, too. Also, the babies birthday party is next week. I must admit, I can imagine it would be pretty confusing for a 2 year old when it seems that it is everyone's birthday except her own! "It's MY birthday, mama!!!" she yelled the entire way to grandma's house. Finally I gave in and told her that yes, it is her birthday too...Some battles just aren't worth fighting.
Olivia stayed at grandma's house with Aunt Amy while Grandma and I went shopping with Maddy and Sophie. Livvy made mommy and daddy birthday cards, and couldn't wait to show us. She insisted that everyone wore their party hats during dinner, but only daddy obliged. Livvy announced that she looked sexy and that daddy looked very handsome in his party hat! The babies ate cheesy potatoes for the first time. No wonder they don't like baby food anymore!!Olivia basically ate no dinner, and couldn't wait until it was time for cake. "Can we have cake now?" she asked a hundred times while the rest of us ate our dinner. Finally it was time for cake, and Olivia blew out the candles several times, each time making a wish.
We had a nice dinner, except for the fact that daddy was sick and had to go to work (even though he should have stayed home...) Olivia spent the night at grandma's house, so there was no battle when it was time to go home.
1 comment:
I noticed you didn't make a bigger mention about the fact that aunt amy watched Olivia by herself for the first time and did an awesome job. There should also be mention I watched all three babies by myself and was amazing. No one even cried the whole time.
Post a Comment