Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Splish Splash

Last night Livvy stayed at grandma's house, and so I decided to give Maddy and Sophie a bath. I've only given them a bath together twice so far,and only once in the big bath tub. (Normally they get a bath in the sink or one at a time with big sis!) Well, they both LOVE taking a bath. They flailed around and screamed from the moment we walked into the bathroom until I got them both undressed and into the tub. Of course they immediately begin splashing water everywhere, soaking mom and the entire bathroom. They had a blast though. But, every good thing must come to an end. Sophia wanted to stand, Maddy wanted to lay on her tummy, so when I wouldn't let them do what they wanted to do, they both turned on me and each other. Sophie made herself spineless and wouldn't stop arching her back and throwing a complete fit. Maddy was so mad she tried biting Sophie's head and gouging out her eyes...Needless to say, bathtime was over. Getting two slippery babies out of the water in the world's smallest bathroom is not an easy task! I finally succeeded, but then I had to get them ready for bed - again, not easily achieved when two babies are fighting you every inch of the way...I finally got them dried off, dressed, and into bed by 8:00 p.m. and surprisingly, they both went to bed without a fight. Of course they still ended up in mama's bed by midnight, but hey, at least I'm making progress. You have to walk before you can run!

2 comments:

mesc said...

OH MY GOODNESS - I CAN JUST PICTURE THIS - YOU NEED TO KEEP BLOGGING! WHAT FUN READING!

Amy said...

I don't know why you thought you could do that on your own. Do you remember what happended when we tried to do it together?? And there was two of us....you were outnumbered.