Sunday, February 24, 2008
Ah....The Slumber Suit
The babies are finally taking great naps (now that they are almost a year old...) The trick to their 2 to 3 hours naps (sometimes 2 a day) is, what I like to refer to as their "slumber suits". Actually, it is their snowsuits. As soon as we slip them into their fleecy prams, they immediately reach for the nearest neck (neck pinching is their comfort thing...) and their eyes get very heavy. Just strap them into their carseats, and they are down for the count. Did I mention that we also have to put their fleece covers over the top of their carseats in order for Mr. Sandman to pay them a visit? I know it sounds ridiculous, but hey, trust me, after 11 months of sleepless nights and trying to juggle two sleeping babies while chasing around a 2 year old, snuggling your babies into carseats while bundled from head to toe does not seem so crazy. Desperate times call for desperate measures! The slumber suits work so well, in fact, today I actually got an hour and a half to do stuff around the house in the middle of the day, while all of my angels slept. What a novel idea!!! The bad part is, now that I finally got the twins taking naps, unfortunately it seems that Olivia no longer feels the need to nap. I feel like the only thing keeping the nap going for her is the promise of her beloved paci, only to be had in the comfort of her crib. Maybe the paci isn't such a bad thing after all.....I may have to rethink the coming of the "Paci Fairy" in the near future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What are you going to do in July?
Post a Comment