Sunday got off to a very poopy start - literally! The twins birthday party was scheduled for 2:00 p.m., so I thought I was doing well getting all the girls in the bathtub by 9:00 a.m. The intention was good...I got all three girls in the bathtub, which was full of toys. Everyone was splashing around, having a great time, and the bathroom started to stink. I asked Olivia if she was farting in the bath, and she said no. Then I noticed that Sophia was grunting and straining, so I quickly grabbed her, and I had no sooner lifted her out of the tub and she started pooping. I grabbed the used diaper and put it underneath her to catch the poop. I somehow managed to catch all the poop and then suddenly I notice that Maddy has just pooped in the bathtub! "Olivia, hurry up - stand up" I yelled and I grabbed her out of the tub as fast as I could, all the while holding a poopy, inside out diaper and a squirming baby. In the meantime, Maddy is still going, and now there are 2 logs floating in the tub with my very happy daughter. Daddy was upstairs sleeping, so I told Olivia to hurry up and get daddy. (Mind you, I had not even dried Olivia off at all...) I told her to be very careful not to slip and she ran to the stairs. "Mama, I can't open the door - my hands are too wet" she yelled, so I throw Sophia in the car seat that I had brought into the bathroom with me, grab Maddy out of the poopy bathtub and quickly open the door for Olivia. "I'll be careful, mama, I promise..." she's telling me as she walks up the stairs, dripping water everywhere along the way. "Daddy,Daddy - Hurry up! We have an emergency! One baby pooped and then the other one and there's poop everywhere!! We need you! Hurry! Hurry!"
Daddy groggily came downstairs to find a very soaked, and stressed mama, two poopy babies, and a very proud big sister! Needless to say, we got everything and everyone cleaned up and started the whole process of bath time once again....What a way to start the day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment