Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brief catch-up

Well, since I haven't written anything new in a month in a half, it's safe to say that the girls have all gotten much bigger and more active since my last post.
Let's see....What have I missed???
Maddy and Sophie went for their one year checkup and shots. Sophia weighed in at 18 lbs and my lil' peanut Maddy is only 17 lbs 4 oz. She's not even on the growth chart yet!! They both have huge apetites, so maybe they just have good metabolisms like their mom & dad (lol!)....They got their MMR, and Chicken pox vaccines, which are both live viruses. Well, on Easter Sunday, Sophia's torso was covered with a rash - she got the measles! It didn't seem to bother her and she had fun "hunting" for eggs with her big sis! To make matters worse, three days later I noticed she had what I thought was a zit on her face, but later discovered about 8 more on her back and tummy...She got the chicken pox, too! Poor Sophie Bear! Good thing she is my little tough girl. She was such a little trooper!

Sophia is walking now. She takes 8-10 steps at a time now. She walks all over the place. Maddy, on the other hand, is content to just crawl, and shows no interest in walking. Oh well, her time will come!

Livvy got her first black eye over the weekend. She fell off her zebra and onto the "damn xylophone" (her words, not mine....) So, not only did she get her first black eye, she said her first swear word, too. It's so hard not to laugh, but thankfully, she only said it once....

1 comment:

mesc said...

OK OK OK - I know you have been consumed by budget woes at work - but how could I have NOT known about measles and chicken pox!!!!

Promise me - never be that busy again!!!

Hey - put a link to your house blog on this blog too - I can't remember the name of it!