Friday, November 13, 2009

Day Four - Hollywood Studios & Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Finally, on to day four...Today Liv and I headed off to Disney's Hollywood Studios - just the two of us. My sole purpose of going to Hollywood Studios was to have a character lunch at Hollywood & Vine. Lunch with the Little Einsteins and Jo Jo and Goliath was worth the trip to Hollywood Studios. It was an early magic hours day, so Livvy and I got there early, which, considering Liv didn't want to do anything, was completely unecessary. Oh well! We walked around for awhile, got in line for Voyage of the Little Mermaid, got OUT of line for Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Liv was too scared and didn't want to see Ariel...) and then ended up at Playhouse Disney Live! This was a cute little show with all of the characters from Livvy's favorite Disney shows, Handy Manny, Mickey's Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and My Friends Tigger & Pooh. The downside to Playhouse Disney Live? The fact that I had to sit "criss-cross-applesauce" on the floor for a thirty minute show. Olivia loved it though, so I guess that's all that mattered. After the show, we walked around for awhile and then went to the Muppets 3-D show. Oivia liked it till the end when it got kinda loud. I guess she was having flashbacks from It's Tough to Be A Bug, so she freaked out and we left. That worked out well, though since we had lunch reservations. We headed to Hollywood & Vine for lunch. Even though we had our confirmation number, they couldn't seem to find our reservation in the system, so we ended up having to wait for about 45 minutes in the blazing, hot sun. Once we were seated, Olivia freaked out a little everytime Goliath (Jo Jo's lion friend) came near us...This could be a very long lunch....She warmed up to him as they started dancing around the restaurant, and even gave him a big hug when he came to our table. Livvy squealed with delight when Jo Jo came over and even gave mommy a kiss. She's still talking about that! She got to see Leo and June from the Little Einsteins and Jo Jo & Goliath. The food was nothing special, but as with other Disney restaurants, you're paying for atmosphere. Liv had a great time though, so it was worth our trip to Hollywood Studios.

We were hot and tired after lunch, and plus we had Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party later that night, so we headed back to the bus stop. Hah! Our lucky day! The bus was just pulling up so we climbed aboard. As I was getting all of our gear situated, I noticed that I was missing my camera bag. My bag had my extra memory card and battery, but at least I was wearing my camera. The bus driver let us off, and we headed back to Hollywood Studios. The good thing was the bag could only be one place...The bad part? We had to get back in line and go through security again, and trek back to the restaurant to get it. (I actually contemplated not going back to get it because I just didn't feel like all the extra walking in the hot sun!) Thankfully, the manager had my camera bag, and we were quickly on our way back to the bus stop. We lucked out again, and quickly got on another bus headed back to Ft. Wilderness. Mrs. Gil picked us up in the golf cart and we headed back to the cabin for a little R & R.

We had a big night ahead of us - Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom. We all put on our Halloween gear and headed to the boat launch. The park closed at 4 pm for regular guests and only guests with special tickets were allowed to attend the party. Thankfully, this thinned out the crowds considerably. We went to see the Country Bears (twice more I think...) and of course It's a small world. Olivia got her face painted like Marie (from the Aristocats) in Toon Town, which thrilled her. Thankfully, the $15 face painting was free during the party! The parade was really good, and they even had fireworks, too. I didn't really get to watch much of them though because Olivia cried during the entire fireworks show. The kids got to trick or treat around the park, and unintentionally, we ended up with a ton of candy. The most fun was the Dance Party. The girls had a blast dancing with Minnie and Daisy and the rest of the gang. The best part was the crowds were very minimal, especially in comparison to the rest of the trip. Oh yeah, that and the fact that it didn't even rain today! It was a long night, though, and we didn't leave the park until 10:30. Liv was so exhausted, she fell asleep in the stroller on the way back to the cabin. All in all, it was a great day!

No comments: