Although the Paci Fairy came to our house almost a year ago and already took all the girls pacis, somehow the twins ended up not actually giving theirs up. Well, they are 28 months old now, and way overdue to lose their pacis (again). Livvy was much more attached to hers than the twins are to theirs, so we figured it wouldn't really be a big deal. I mean, they only take them at bedtime, so how bad can it be???
The night I decided that the Paci Fairy would pay us a visit, I started telling the girls that the Paci Fairy would take their pacis for new babies who didn't have any. I also told them she would leave them a surprise. I told Olivia to tell her sisters about the Paci Fairy and how it wasn't too bad at all. "Don't worry girls," she told them, "The Paci Fairy will come while you are sleeping and rip your pacis out of your mouths!" Ummm...Not quite the explanation I was hoping for...When bedtime came, the babies seemed okay with the prospect of giving their pacis to new babies that needed them. Okay, maybe this won't be so bad...
They went to sleep better than expected, although Maddie did whine for awhile. Sophia woke up crying for about an hour and a half, which felt more like a day and a half to me, since I knew I had to get up for work soon...The next two nights were rough, too. I heard many cries of, "I need my paci!" The Paci Fairy left the girls some baby Care Bears and new cell phones, so they seemed to like their surprises. Maddie sucked on anything that she could get her hands on for the next few days, and Sophie reminded me everytime I put her in bed, "My fingah is my paci".
It's been a week now, and they seem to have gotten over the beloved pacis thankfully. Now if we could just get the Diaper Fairy to come soon.....
1 comment:
We had the Wart Fairy come once! Joanna had a wart burned off and it REALLY hurt. So I told her the Wart Fairy pays much better than the Tooth Fairy. We drew pictures of the Wart Fairy and told stories that when she collected the warts she attached them to her face! Imagine that for a bedtime story! It worked though - she laughed all the way home from the doctor's office instead of crying.
Post a Comment