Monday, July 6, 2009
A day at the Zoo
I'm not sure how such cute little girls can be such little monsters...The twins seem to be on a sleep strike right now. We took them to the zoo yesterday, and they had a blast. The day went well, until Maddie had a meltdown when it was time to get off the carousel. She got to ride twice but she still didn't want to get off. She insisted she keep riding, which was vetoed by mommy and daddy. Of course, big sister, Olivia, who swears she is ready for our Disney trip in September, would not even go near the carousel. She did ride the train for the first time in 2 years, so I guess that's progress...After two hours, 3 drink boxes, and a half a bag of Goldfish and animal crackers, it was time to go home. Everyone was ready for a nap. Well, Maddie wouldn't stop screaming about the carousel until she finally just got exhausted from the crying and knocked off about half way home. Sophia was almost out after 2 minutes in the car, but Maddie's screams startled her everytime she fell asleep. By the time we got home, everyone was peacefully sleeping. I knew we should have just kept driving....I took Sophie out first and actually thought she was going to stay asleep. Wrong! I figured I might as well change her diaper since she was already awake, and then she insisted on putting on a nightgown, and gathering more toys to take to her lair...Maddie was still made about the carousel when she woke up, so after getting changed and slipping into her nightgown, she finally seemed to settle down. Now Sophia was the loud one. So, I cuddled them both and sang all their songs, and tuckled and buckled them, and rubbed their heads, and gave them kisses....you get the idea. Neither of them were interested in napping at this point, so the only girl that actually got a nap yesterday was Olivia. Go figure - the one who needs a nap the least of all is the only one who sleeps. Oh well, just another day in the life....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment