Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sophia's new tent

Since I am not yet ready for the twins transition from cribs to big girl beds, I bought a crib tent for Sophie to try to keep her in her crib as long as possible. So far-so good. It may sound inhumane, but it has been a godsend so far, and Sophie actually doesn't mind sleeping in it. It has been about a week, and although she doesn't like it zipped up at night when she goes to sleep, I can sneak in and close her up once she is sleeping, and it buys me a a good night's sleep. She barely has room to sleep in her tent now, since she finds several new toys to take to bed each night, but, since she can no longer escape, I'm willing to let have some toys if it gets me some extra time in the morning. Surprisingly, Maddie seems okay with it, too. We thought she would be jealous because she doesn't have a tent, but since they are $70 each, and Maddie hasn't tried to escape yet, I don't see the need for her to have one, too. She just knows that sissy has one because she is naughty and climbs out of her crib. "I not naughty - I good girl." Maddie reminds me whenever I mention Sophie's tent. Yes, Maddie is the good girl, but Sophie is getting better each day (although she does have the worst temper ever - but that's a whole nother post...) At least for now, she is staying in her crib all night long.

No comments: