Saturday, January 31, 2009
Am I Crazy, or What??
Dora is coming to town. Yay! I can hardly wait to spend $60 for Olivia and I to sit through 2 hours of D D D Dora dancing around the stage with her sidekick boots, running from Swiper! Seriously, I was excited to see that Dora is coming to town and there was a pre-sale last night where you could save $5 per ticket. Knowing that Liv is a huge Dora fan, I thought I would stop by on my way home from work and pick up tickets. Yeah, not exactly how it worked...I got to the Temple, and illegally parked. No big deal, I'm just running in, I thought. Apparently, my child is not the only Dora fan in town, and I wasn't the only loving parent who was stopping by to pick up tickets. "Is this really the line for Dora tickets?" I ask the person in front of me. Yep...Seems more like the line for Madonna tickets than a cartoon character with a giant head...After about 30 minutes in line, I said to the lady in front of me, "are we really waiting in line for an hour to save $10???" She informed me that we were also saving the $3 per ticket fee, so now I'm up to a savings of $16 - a little better I guess, but still seems almost ridiculous. I forgot to mention, this was a party, so there was hot dogs, lemonade, and popcorn available while you waited...I grabbed a bag of popcorn for Liv, but ended up eating it while I waited. I couldn't bring myself to drink the oversugared lemonade when I saw the looks on other parents faces as they sipped the sweet concoction. Finally, after an hour, I made my way to the ticket booth to get the coveted tickets. 5 minutes later, I was on my way to the car, tickets in hand, praying that I hadn't got ticketed for my illegal parking. Luckily, I didn't get a parking ticket, and Livvy was a very happy little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment