Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sick, Sick, Sick!
I am sick of being sick!!! Everyone around me is sick, and I feel like we don't stand a chance being cooped up in a house full of contaminated air all day. It's pretty bad when going to work is a welcome change! It all started with Olivia. According to daddy, there was a snotty little kid who decided to join in playing with my girls at playgroup last week. "Why didn't you stop him?" I asked deciding that daddy could've prevented this whole incident by just telling the snotty kid to beat it. I know it wasn't actually his fault, but it sure seems like we have to blame someone....Anyways, Liv started with a cough last Tuesday. She was much worse, so she missed preschool on Thursday. By the weekend, we all had come down with snotty noses and terrible coughs. We had an extremely long weekend since none of the kids were eating or really doing much of anything. I think we watched every dvd that we own at least once! The good news is I got to read a book, and entire book, during the course of the weekend. I felt a little spoiled by my newfound ability to read again. Maddie and Sophie just wanted to cuddle all weekend and refused to be put down. That too was nice, but our house is in a total state of disarray thanks to having to hold at least one child 24/7. (Note: when I say that our house is in disarray, anyone who has seen it is probably thinking, "so, how is that different than usual?" It is even more of a disaster area than under normal circumstances. I know it's hard to imagine it getting much worse, but trust me, it is REALLY bad!) Grandma is sick too. Unfortunately she is the worst of the bunch. She went to the doctor yesterday (which she must be REALLY bad if she is actually admitting she is sick) and got some medicine so hopefully she will be better soon. In the meantime, we are having to make due on our this week to give grandma some much needed rest and time away from the girls. Somehow we are managing, although not easily. The babies got some medicine yesterday, and actually had a good night last night. As a matter of fact, everyone slept till after 7 this morning, which is a complete miracle. Maddie slept till 8, which is unheard of. Hopefully everyone will be getting better soon. I can handle being sick myself, but I hate it when my kids are sick!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment