

To top off the whole shoe fettish issue, while shopping last weekend, Olivia, or should I say Princess Olivia, had the biggest public meltdown to date, at Payless, all because yours truly would not buy her a pair of hot pink sparkly jellies that were at least 4 sizes too big for her. I know, I a am a meany, but I had to just say no! First of all, my little angel ran up and down the aisles at Payless for a good five minutes before the sales clerk helped me capture her, by luring her to the front of the store with a promise of stickers. Then she insisted on trying on a pair of Dora the Explorer jellies that were way too tight for her fat little feet. I finally coerced her to take the Dora shoes off, but she would not put her own shoes back on. She was not leaving the star without the size 11 pink sparkly shoes...(she wears about a size 7...) "No, I need those pink shoes!!" she screamed over and over...She could hardly catch her breath she was crying so hard. Finally, through gritted teeth, I told her if she didn't leave get up and put her shoes on right this instant, she was going home and going straight to bed, and her paci was going straight in the garbage! Needless to say, I will never be able to show my face in that Payless again any time soon! All I could do was apologize profusely on my way out the door...
No comments:
Post a Comment