Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Playscape Drama...

We finally got the playscape comleted, including the spreading of the pea gravel...Well, we used railroad ties to box it in....Little did we know,they are soaked in creosote and toxic. I'm very disappointed in Menard's for selling us such a product, especially since 2 different employees at Menard's recommended them for a playground. I'm just thankful that I found out how dangerous they are before the kids really got a chance to play around them...Anyways, we had to take them back and get landscape timbers instead, which are arsenic free and much safer. Although that was a ton of work, hauling away the railroad ties, and bringing in landscape timbers, all while trying to keep 7 ton of pea gravel from getting into the yard, it is now done, so the kids can finally enjoy their own backyard playground. Of course, now the pea gravel isn't deep enough, so we could really use another dump truck full.......
Maybe next summer.....

1 comment:

mesc said...

OOOHHH - I am so missing my poz children stories - I can't wait to get back to work..... HUH - I didn't mean that - instead call me in your spare time and tell me a story - HUH - I didn't mean that either - you have no spare time - Just update your blog and I'll read!! ME