On Sunday we took advantage of the beautiful weather and took a trip to the Toledo Zoo. Olivia had been bugging us to go to "the Polar Bear Zoo" all summer, but it was so hot, that we decided to wait until the weather cooled off a bit. Sunday was the absolute perfect day for a trip to the Zoo.
The girls had a blast and got to see all the animals - the polar bears and seals, elephants, hippos, giraffes, lions, bears, monkeys, zebras, tons of fish, and sea life...Because the weather was so nice, most of the animals were quite active, which was really nice. We also played in the play area and on the playgrounds, too. I asked the girls what was their favorite thing at the zoo, and Maddie and Sophie both said they liked the tunnel. Apparently, that was the cave thing that was on the playground. I didn't notice it being anything too spectacular, but obviously the twins were quite excited by it. Olivia said she liked the seals and the monkeys. So, I asked the twins what their favorite animal was and Maddie yelled, "I liked the goats! I liked brushing the goats, mama!" Seriously, we drove two hours and your favorite animal was a goat??? I had to laugh, because Maddie did truly love the goats. I think she would have spent all day in the goat corral, brushing them and hugging them. She was so sweet with them. She was not at all afraid of them, and several times, the zoo worker had to remind her not to feed the goats and daddy had to tell her to get off the ground because she just could not get close enough to them. Our day was definitely worth the drive, even if Maddie's favorite was the goats!
No comments:
Post a Comment