Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Olivia's First Kiss
Olivia came home from school last week and informed grandma that she kissed Joseph...I did not expect to be hearing about my daughter's first kiss in kindergarten. I am SO not ready for this! Joseph is a little boy in Olivia's kindergarten class that she and her friends chase at recess every single day. Our conversation everyday goes something like this..."How was school today, sweet pea?" "Good. Green again of course!" (This means she was good all day. Green=good, Yellow=warning, blue=loss of priviledge, red=call home to parents. So far, all green, only one yellow and she claims the entire class got yellow, too.) "Good, so what did you do today?" "Me and Breanna chased Joseph. We were so tired...We had to get more help from Gabby and Hannah, too. It's pretty tiring chasing Joseph every day." "Do you ever catch him?" I ask. "Sometimes, and then we throw him in the dungeon!" When Olivia confessed that she kissed Joseph, I asked her where she kissed him. "In the lunchroom!" she said sheepishly. When I asked her why she kissed him, her answer was so simple..."Because I like him!" Of course! Isn't that obviously why you would kiss someone? As it turns out, the kiss was not an isolated event. There were plenty more where that came from. In fact, Olivia informed that she kissed him every day for the rest of the week. I told her that it's not really appropriate to kiss at school. Thankfully, this week, she has yet to kiss him, so hopefully she has given up kissing boys for at least a couple more years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment