Yesterday my dear friend Mary Ellen retired. At her retirement party she gave me the most precious and thoughtful gift ever - a book of stories about my kids (Yes, SHE retired and gave ME a gift..). She was my confidante and my sounding board, so we would talk several times a day every single day at work, and of course, I would always tell stories about my girls. She documented three years worth of my stories and put it into a book for me. As I was reading through it, there were so many stories that I had already forgotten! I can't believe how quickly the time has gone, and how much they have all changed. I laughed and cried so many times as I read the stories. Well, since ME is no longer documenting my girls lives, I guess I better get on the ball and start blogging more!!! I know she will be checking my blog, so hopefully she'll yell at me if I go too long with no entries!
After reading the stories, all I can say is there is never a dull moment in our house! The girls have sure kept us on our toes. There seems to be a common theme throughout the book, though...Mommy and daddy don't seem to follow through on anything...(ie. taking away toys, discipline methods, making the girls sleep in their own beds....). I am hoping that soon I will be able to say, once and for all, that we have reclaimed our bed, and that all three girls sleep all night, every night in their own beds!!!! I'm sure Mary Ellen would say "Yeah, right! I've heard that one before!" I think Olivia summed it up one night a couple years ago when she said, "Well, if your bed wasn't so big and comfy I wouldn't have to sleep in it!"
Thanks for the memories, Mary Ellen! I promise I will keep them coming:-)
1 comment:
I loved keeping those stories. One day you were remembering something from the past and I told you that you were remembering it incorrectly! I know you thought I was the one that was wrong - but no - I just went back into the stories and found the true version.
I am so glad to see you back on the blog -and BTW tell Liv you are getting a cot so she can sleep in her own bed and won't have to worry that you have a more comfortable bed!
Post a Comment