Saturday, October 17, 2009

Disney - Day 2

Day two at the happiest place on earth must be better than day one, right??

We got up early again, ready to head to the Magic Kingdom. We were still exhausted from the day before, but Disney is definitely not a resting vacation! The crowds were awful! Early morning is supposed to be much less crowded, but it seemed like everyone read the same tips as us, and got there early to avoid the crowds! There was definitely no avoiding the crowds! There were wall to wall people everywhere! Liv didn't want to go on any rides, which wasn't too surprising to me. Before we left, she talked about how she was going to ride on Dumbo. I knew she wouldn't but I figured it didn't hurt to try...She even freaked out just sitting in the Dumbo car so that I could take her picture. I tried to explain to her that it wasn't even connected to the ride, but she didn't seem to believe me...Oh well...
She likes Winnie the Pooh, so I figured she would like the Winnie the Pooh ride. It's a very mild ride in a honey pot, which travels very slowly through the Hundred Acre Woods. I made her get on the ride, protesting the entire time, and, I must say, she stood her ground, and continued crying through the entire ride...Okay - note to self - don't make Olivia go on any more rides!! To ease the trauma of the horrible Winnie the Pooh ride, Liv got a giant lollipop, which seemed to calm her down a little. We also bought presents for Maddie & Sophie.
Next was lunch at Chef Mickey's! This was definitely the best meal that we had at Disney. While we ate, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald worked the crowd. The girl loved it! Liv warmed up immediately to the characters, and although she wouldn't get out of her seat she gave all of them great big hugs, and even kissed Goofy! Goofy gave her a kiss, too, which she talked about for the rest of the trip. The food was good, atmosphere was great, and the little Mickey shaped desserts were wonderful!
After lunch, we headed back to the cabin for naps. As luck woud have it, it started to rain as soon as we boarded the monorail. Boat ride, bus ride, and walk in the rain again...Yay! Ya gotta love Florida, right?? At least the rain made it an ideal day for a nap, so everyone took a little siesta. Refreshed after our naps, we headed back to Magic Kingdom for a bit...We didn't really stay long because the crowds were still awful, and we ended up leaving before the fireworks. I think we were scared of more rain!

No comments: