Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Say Cheese!

Last week we took the girls to get their 2 year pictures taken. What an adventure (and I don't mean that in a good way!) When Olivia was born, I took her every 3 months to get her pictures taken for the first year, and then my plan was every 6 months after that. Well, plans change, and after the twins were born, Olivia has had her picture taken once (plus once at school). The poor twins have not quite kept on schedule either...Good thing mommy & daddy take plenty of pictures!
Anyways, the day before is when Maddie fell down the stairs and bruised her face, and had a pretty big bump on her head, so that's already one strike against us. Grandma gave all the girls a bath, and put "tigtails" in the babies hair, and got them all dressed like little princesses. I rushed over after work so we could make it to our appointment on time. Well, we made it on time, but that was about the only thing we had going for us.....The babies wanted to play at the play table instead of getting their pictures taken. And Olivia somehow could not manage to stand up straight or figure out how to smile naturally...I could tell this was going to be fun. To top it off, the photographer was not overly friendly, and seemed to just want to get us out of there. The photo shoot took over an hour, and after much coaxing, and some bribery, we managed to somehow get our first professional photo of all three girls. It is not, however, quite the picture I had planned, but they are at least looking at the camera. All in all, it was a horrible experience which I don't think we will be repeating anytime soon.
Mommy and daddy have decided to invest in a nice DSLR camera rather than subject ourselves to the torture of pictures anytime soon!

No comments: