Saturday, December 6, 2008

Almost A Disaster!

Olivia finally got to open the advent calendar. Not really because she deserved to, but mostly because we felt sorry for her that she would probably never get a chance...Sophia had been the advent calendar leader, which is actually surprising, considering she is usually the meanest of all, pulling Maddie's hair or biting her every chance she gets...After today, Sophia is not opening it anytime in the near future!
Today it was just us girls hanging out, which was fine except there is no more keeping the girls confined, so they are running around the house in every direction every chance they get - and today was no different. Olivia was playing a game on the computer, Maddie made a mad dash up the stairs, and Sophie was being especially quiet. Livvy clicked the wrong button and ended up on yahoo, so she's screaming for me to fix her game, Maddie is all the way up the stairs, so I'm running after her, and when I finally get her under control and check on Sophie, she is standing in the middle of the family room with an open bottle of purple nail polish. I grabbed it from her quickly, but not without a knockdown, dragout fight for the bottle. Oh my goodness!!! There was nail polish everywhere! Our brand new floor had about 20 spots of nail polish all over it, and the trail even went into the kitchen and all over our brand new tile, too! I frantically cleaned up as much as I could while it was still wet and it still seemed to be everywhere. I think Sophie was tracking it on her jammies, so I stripped her down to her diaper and quickly took off my socks, too, just in case...Then Maddie starts throwing a fit - "Jammies off!" she demanded as she tried to get them off herself. I had to get the girls out of the way because I was afraid they would spread the polish onto the new carpet (or anywhere else for that matter...), so when Maddie made another dash for the stairs, I grabbed Maddie and Sophie and told Livvy to hurry up and go upstairs too because I needed her to watch her sisters. Olivia switches to mommy mode and quickly corrals the girls upstairs, but Maddie was still furious that her sister was a nakey baby and she was still wearing jammies. While the girls were upstairs, being tended to by big sister Olivia, I scrubbed away at the spots of nail polish everywhere. Some parts had already dried (damn that quick dry polish!!) so I grabbed the nail polish remover and scrubbed some more. Miraculously, I seemed to have gotten all the nail polish removed, with very little evidence remaining. Phshew! Disaster averted!!

1 comment:

mesc said...

OH MY GOODNESS - you are lucky you didn't take the finish off the floor while cleaning it up. Onetime when I was about 12 I spilled nail polish remover on a mahogony end table and then covered it up and never got in trouble for it! I wonder if my sister will read this and find out I did that!