Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oh no! It's the Towel Monster!

I'm not sure where the concept of the towel monster originated, but somehow the girls are obsessed with him. At night when it is time for them to go up to bed, they insist that I carry them both so that the towel monster doesn't eat them. Let me tell you how difficult it can be to carry two 35 pound wiggly girls and their many babies that are needed for bedtime. At least Sophie realizes the difficulty of this feat, and she reminds me "you girls gettin' too big." everytime I struggle to carry them up the stairs. "Yes, you girls are definitely too big!" I tell them every night. As soon as we get to their room, they quickly slam the door so the towel monster can't get in. Good thing the towel monster can't get into their cribs! "There's no towel monster!" Sophie proclaims everytime she slams the door on him. She always looks at me for reassurance that there is no towel monster. "There are no towel monsters!" I tell her as I tuck them both into bed. (Although I may have told them that the towel monster lives in mommy and daddy's room in an attempt to keep them out...) Thankfully, Livvy doesn't seem to be bothered by the towel monster. I guess it really doesn't matter to her since she has mommy and daddy to protect her every night, since she ends up in our bed just because she needs to cuddle...

No comments: