Saturday, March 14, 2009

Barf-o-rama

After getting over our colds, I thought we were home free for the rest of the season as far as sickness goes. Boy was I wrong! Last Saturday, I was planning to take Maddie shopping since it was her turn to have some alone time with mama. Maddie fell asleep cuddling with daddy, so I took a quick shower and got ready to go so that when she woke up we could leave right away. Well, after she woke up, I tried to give her some lunch. She wasn't really interested in eating(very un-Maddie like), but she did eat a little cottage cheese with strawberries in it. I took her upstairs to grab a sweatshirt to throw on, and as soon as I put on my clean shirt, Maddie hurls all over me. Not once, not twice, but six times within a three hour time frame. (Did I mention how disgusting cottage cheese is the second time around??) We each went through five changes of clothes before bedtime. Maddie managed to puke on the carpet in the family room, and two rugs before all was said and done. Thankfully, she seemed okay by bedtime. The next morning, Olivia came into bed with us, and threw up twice. Oh no! I do not do puke. John reminded me how naive we were before we had children, we made a pact that I don't do puke and he doesn't do poop....Yeah, that lasted like a day. Unfortunately, when you have kids, you do puke and poop and just pray that you don't start gagging too. Surprisingly, through all the throwing up, I didn't even gag once. I'm pretty proud of myself, I must say!
Fortunately, Liv seemed to just throw up twice, neither time actually throwing anything up since her stomach was empty. Sophia and Olivia did both have diarrhea, which was no treat either. I hate the flu!! Daddy also got the flu, so that meant no rest for me. Thankfully, after a few days of puking and pooping, everyone is back to normal!

No comments: