Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Easter (Better late than never!)































I know I have been slacking on my blog lately. I'm trying, but, gosh - life happens! There is never a dull moment with three little ones (well, not so little anymore...).











Let's see, since my last post, Olivia lost another tooth! This one was a bloody mess. It had been loose and dangling for a couple weeks but she just would not pull it out. Well, she was brushing her teeth one night, and voila! Her tooth fell out in the sink and her mouth was full of blood. I will admit, I was glad I was the one to deal with it because daddy didn't even like to look at her wiggly tooth. She freaked out a bit, and of course the twins wouldn't stop chattering about all the blood, "Look, mama - it's blood! It's blood!" ,"Liv's mouth is all bloody!" , "Mommy, mommy, there's blood on the floor!" It did kinda freak me out a little, too because there was so much blood, and the first tooth, there was none. Anyways, we had to have mommy and Livvy night that night due to the trauma involved for both of us, but fortunately the tooth fairy knew that she was in mommy and daddy's bed, and still left her money in her special gold pouch.











My little Maddie Bear, she has got quite the imagination. One night at bedtime, Sophie had already fallen asleep and Maddie was crying. By the time I went into her room, she was so upset I could hardly understand her. "What's wrong, sweetie" I asked her as I cuddled her in my arms. She sputtered and managed to tell me between huge sobs that she doesn't want to grow up and have a baby and have it cut out of her belly and glued back together. "Does it hurt when they cut open your belly and take out the baby and glue you back together?" she asked so innocently. "I want to stay small forever!" she said. I assured her that she wasn't going to have a baby for a very long time. She needs to get married first, and then if she wants to have a baby, she can, but it won't hurt. (Hey, a little white lie never hurts every once in awhile. The poor girl is already traumatized enough!). She finally calmed down and then told me she doesn't want to have a boy baby, and she wants a husband just like daddy. I hope she finds a boy just like daddy, too:) The whole ordeal brought tears to my eyes. Ah, the innocense of a child.











And last, but not least, a Sophie story...For some reason the girls have been talking about dying lately. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the obituaries on tv. "When people die they go into the box and then turn into a witch." Sophie said one day as we were one our way to the museum. Well, apparently whenever the news is on and they see the pictures of the old people, they think they are witches. The fact that they are usually old, combined with the kind of haunting music, seems to reinforce the fact that, they are indeed witches. "The box" that the dead go into is apparently the tv set. (My mom still has the old boxy tv in her living room). I tried to explain that when people die they go to heaven if they have Jesus in their heart, but the box/witch theory is obviously so much more exciting!

1 comment:

mesc said...

It was worth the wait! Happy Mother's Day.