On Sunday we took the girls sledding. This was pretty much their first "real" sledding trip. Everyone got all bundled up, snowpants, boots, hats, gloves, and scarves, and we were on our way! Since Olivia is by far the wimpiest of the girls, I figured she would talk a good game, but probably be too scared to actually go down the hill. I couldn't have been more wrong!
Daddy and Liv got a head start walking towards the hill, and the twins and I brought up the rear (someone is always very pokey...). It was hard for Maddie and Sophie to walk through the snow because it is so deep, so they were even slower than usual. Liv was the first one to the top of the hill, and before the rest of us could get there, she jumped on her sled, and away she went! She loved every minute of it and couldn't wait to do it again. Maddie and Sophie were a little more timid, but Maddie and I went down together, and she was quickly hooked, too. "Again! Again!" she squealed when we coasted to the bottom of the hill. I had to explain to her that it was a long way back up to the top and Sophie needed a turn, too. The twins took turns nicely for awhile, but then their lack of nap set in and Maddie started a meltdown...
Meanwhile, Liv didn't want to leave. She traipsed up and down the hill, dragging her purple sled behind her. She was even going down the hill laying on her sled. Daddy joked that she was luging. Maddie was having so much fun, she didn't want to take turns with Sophie. They both wanted to sled with mommy, and neither of them wanted to go together, which is quite unusual for them. All I can say is who knew sledding was such a workout?!? Daddy and mommy even had a blast sledding for the first time in twenty some years.
Eventually, it was time to go. Mommy's pants were soaked, Liv's second pair of mittens were soggy, and Maddie's mood had soured.
Oh, what fun we had!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment