Saturday, April 24, 2010

Olivia's First Soccer Game




Today was Olivia's debut on the soccer field, so I guess I am officially a soccer mom! It was cloudy and the sky looked ominous, but thankfully, the rain held off and it wasnt too chilly either. A perfect day for a soccer game. Olivia's team is called the Purple Cats. (Can you tell a bunch of 4 and 5 year old girls chose the name???) Her jersey is about 10 sizes too big (the soccer people convinced us we needed the bigger jersey in case she has to wear her coat...), so I'm thinking it will fit her till high school! She looked adorable in it anyways (maybe I'm a little biased..) and she did a great job on the field! She seems a little initimidated by the ball, and may have actually made contact with it only a couple times during the game, but she certainly looked like she knew what she was doing as she ran up and down the field chasing the ball. There is no goalie, and they don't keep score, but if we had actually counted the goals, the Purple Cats would have been triumphant. Yay, Purple Cats! Olivia even made up a cheer for her team, "We don't like rats! We're the purple cats! Go Purple Cats!!!"

No comments: