Monday, November 24, 2008

Five is a crowd...

Fast forward a few weeks since my last post...Olivia is now sleeping in her big girl bed (not by our choice! I'd keep her in a crib forever if I could...). This only came about because we decided to clean out the garage - (long story-big girl bed was stored in there - still not done - let's just say it is possible to maybe park one car in our two and half car garage...but hey - it's a start!) Anyways, bedtime now takes about two hours because Olivia is in and out of her big girl bed at least a half a dozen times a night.."I can't sleep" (after like 30 seconds..), "I can't find my bear", the best one is "I just wanna cuddle".. She gets me every time with that one! Now, all of a sudden, she wants to sleep with mama and daddy. I'm such a sucker, sometimes I let her lay with me - just till daddy gets home! By that time, usually Maddie has awoken and is nestled in with Liv and I, so just poor Sophie sleeps alone now. No wonder she has turned into the evil twin!!! She's lonely! Lately, Sophie wakes up too, and so all five of us are snuggled not so comfortably in bed. At least we do have a king size bed, but it's still not big enough. Most mornings I wake up feeling very unrefreshed, both of my arms are asleep from having babies tucked in them, and my neck is killing me from having no pillow, or sometimes even having a baby draped across it, kinda like a cat. So, it is not a good situation for any of us! Now Olivia usually just comes in around 2 or 3 and just crawls right in and cuddles up next to mommy. It's not really fair to turn her away since at least one of her sisters is usually already in bed. What a tangled web we weave!!! How can I stop the insanity!! I want my bed back!!!

1 comment:

mesc said...

"I want my bed back"???? No you don't you want "to cuddle"

Tell the kiddos they can cuddle for five minutes then back to bed they go. Then GET UP and take them back to their beds.

Mean ME